Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Uneventful? Is It Possible?

I had an OB appointment yesterday and it was unbelievably uneventful. My blood pressure was up a bit but nothing alarming and no need for more medicine yet. Gabe's heartbeat was still strong and steady. I have another ultrasound on December 2 and that will be the one where Carly gets to go with me and find out she is officially having a brother. Thank God for yet another week of gestation down. What a blessing!

We rearranged (when I say we I of course mean Kenneth) our living room furniture yesterday. I am amazed at how much space a new arrangement of furniture can have! I secretly think Kenneth is nesting. I hope it continues!

Our nephew and his friend have been staying with us this week while they are out of school. They are really good kids and give me hope for the future. Sure, they are teenage boys, but they are polite and well mannered and great with my kids. My nephew's friend was telling me how he doesn't really know his dad and how he tries to call him a lot but his dad is just not interested. It made my heart ache for him. I hope somehow this house can be a soft place for these kids to fall when they need it. We watched MTV together and talked about a lot of teenage stuff. It made me more and more thankful for my husband and the father that he is.

Anna's teacher remarked today that Anna has just been "off" lately. I have noticed too and also noticed she is drooling a lot again. Her neurology follow up from her video EEG is tomorrow so hopefully we can find some answers. I am not excited about driving to Cook's amidst the holiday traffic but it will be worth it.

A coworker of mine died over the weekend. It is too horrible to even write about how she was found. It has been ruled a suicide but is quite suspicious sounding. She always seemed so happy at work and it just really was a reality check. You just never know what other people are going through. Kenneth worked a suicide of a young girl last week also. I think about how low these people must have felt and how alone and although I think suicide is so selfish, I am truly saddened that they felt there was no other choice. I try really hard to be a kind person and I hope that maybe in these sweet girls' deaths that we can all learn a little about being kind to eachother. You never know what is going on underneath it all.. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment