Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Getting Settled

We got here a little before 10 and so far things have gone quite smoothly. Registration is always a breeze and the staff has been great, as usual. I just met with Dr Malik who is the neurologist on this week. He seems nice and quite smart but I miss Dr Hernandez. That was the only part I hated about moving the testing up. It meant our neuro wouldn't be here. He will ultimately make any final decisions about treatment though. What I think is one of the worst parts of an EEG is getting the child hooked up. It went so smoothly today though. She cried for about 10 minutes and then she fell asleep and slept through the rest of it. We got back to our room and she was napping nicely until the nurse practitioner woke her up. That was the end of her nap and it ruled out one for me too. So now we are in the playroom and she is happy. I am already exhausted and only a few hours into this but I guess it has to be done and it is honestly not any more exhausting than nights at home have been lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment