Thursday, November 18, 2010

Home For The Holidays

The visit with the cardiologist went well. My echo was normal except for a small pericardial effusion which is too small to do anything about and may have even been there for awhile. It was nice to go to a Dr. appointment and be told something was normal! My blood pressure was great yesterday but I rested most of the day. Today it is up again since I have been out and about. My mom requested that I please not go back to my 12 hour shifts at work. I called the employee health nurse who was, let's just say, less than helpful, to find out what I needed to do to go on light duty. She informed me that there is no light duty for pregnant women. There is light duty for anything else, but not pregnancy. She said the reason is because with light duty you have to be able to return to work within 12 weeks without restrictions and in pregnancy that just isn't going to happen. I told her politely what I thought about that. She is completely unwilling to work with me even though I am not requesting light duty because I am pregnant and just want easier work- I actually have a medical necessity. So after talking to my boss and Kenneth we decided it would just be best for me to go ahead and go on short term disability. We decided a few more weeks worth of work is not worth the risk to myself and baby Gabe. The disability will pay 60% of my pay for up to 6 months. It will be an adjustment but we will make it. Last time we survived without any disability and me not having any income for almost 6 months so we can certainly do it this time. We will cut back on eating out and decrease our Internet speed and satellite channels and those type of things plus I will not be using over $100 worth of gas per week like I do now. I think it is a totally doable thing. Heck, I may even learn to clip a coupon or two. God has always provided and I know he will continue to do so. I shed a few tears today just because I had really hoped things would go better this time, but they aren't and I just have to accept that for what it is. I will try to use this time to rest and also to enjoy being home with the kids. It will be nice to hopefully be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. Thank God I have such a loving and supportive husband, family, and group of friends. You guys keep me going...

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, looking at this as a blessing! There are so many things that you can do to save some extra coin! Cutting coupons is now a favorite past-time of mine on Sunday nights. www.retailmenot.com is an awesome sight to print from, too...
    You can do it. Be encouraged by those around you whom love and care for you =) AND, enjoy that wonderful family of yours during these holidays, YOU HAVE MORE THAN DESERVED IT!!!

    ReplyDelete