Thursday, November 25, 2010

2 Rounds Of Turkey And A Tree


Watching the parade on Thanksgiving morning


Eating brownie mix while we cooked

Kenneth told Carly this was our whole tree.
We all got a good laugh out of it.


Anna's thoughts on putting up the tree...at nap time


We had a great Thanksgiving Day yesterday! We have so much to be thankful for that I cannot even begin to list it all. We went to 2 different Thanksgiving lunches so that we could be with both families. We were stuffed and came home and took it easy for the rest of the day. We all went to bed a bit early and I don't think anyone minded that a bit.

The girls were more than ready to get the tree put up today and to tell the truth Kenneth and I were pretty excited too. It warms my heart to see my kids decorating the tree. Carly kept talking about it being a celebration of the birth of Jesus. She and Anna also had fun setting up the nativity scene. There are a few wise men that are now headless but nothing a little super glue can't fix. Maybe it is genetic because I broke the head off of one of my parent's wise men on their scene as well when I was a child. The finished tree looks beautiful!

Anna's neurology appointment went well but if I ever schedule an appointment in Ft Worth the day before a holiday again I think I will punish myself. There was a bad wreck on 35 on my way home and it was shut down. What should have been a 1 1/2 hour trip home took about 4 hours. Basically Dr. Hernandez said that Anna's EEG was somewhat inconclusive but based on symptoms and history she will have to be medicated for seizures. The EEG is only a part of the diagnosis. She will have to be completely seizure free and free of any seizure type symptoms for 2 years before she can come off the medicine. He also said she needs PT on her right leg/foot badly. I told him we already have an evaluation set up with the school district in the next few weeks. I think that was about the gist of it. All in all it was a good appointment. We don't have to go back for 4 months so that is really good news!

As we were busy putting our tree up and getting it decorated I received a phone call from my best friend Rachel. We probably talk no less than 1000 times a day so it wasn't anything unusual. She had gone out of town today to pick up a cat (long story) in New Braunfels and I thought she was probably calling to tell me she had the cat and was headed home. Instead she called to tell me that she had just gotten a call that her mom had died. Rachel just lost her dad very unexpectedly less than 2 years ago. Her parents divorced when Rachel was very young but they were the perfect example of how divorced parents should act. They shared the kids and never said a bad word about the other in front of the kids. Anyway, her mom laid down to take a nap and never woke up. My heart is breaking for her and her family. Rachel has an older sister, a 17 year old brother, and a sweet step dad who reminds me a lot of my own dad. I will be heading to Lubbock in a few days to say goodbye and support Rachel in whatever way I can.

So on this day after Thanksgiving I am most thankful for every day I am granted on this earth and for the family and friends I have to share them with...

No comments:

Post a Comment