Friday, October 1, 2010

Randomness


  • The 24 hour stomach virus that everyone else in Anna's class had was a 4 day virus for Anna. She is finally well. She had a pretty nasty seizure during the night Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I called the neurologist's office but they said that since she is sick the seizure doesn't really count. I was happy to hear that! No medication changes and no EMU! The only problem is that since she was sick she no longer wants to sleep. She is usually asleep between 7:30-8pm but now she is not going to sleep until more like 10pm. She also has not napped at school the past 2 days which is totally unlike her. (So sorry Ms. Jennifer!)I am wondering if her tegretol level got low during all of the diarrhea. The tegretol has helped a lot with her sleep and it is obvious something has changed because that girl just isn't sleeping.
  • I am not usually one to do much to my hair. It is so coarse and dry that I am afraid to apply to much chemical or heat to it. I decided to go against my usual though and had something done to it called a "Brazillian Blow Out." I am so glad I did it. If you have curly frizzy unruly hair this is the answer. It lasts about 3 months and I am pretty sure I will have it repeated after that. It has made my hair soft and smooth and nearly frizz free. It used to take me almost 2 hours to blow dry and flat iron my hair (which is why I rarely did it) but now I can do both in about 20 minutes. It was an amazing hair transformation!
  • I do not care all that much about football and am not all that interested in the Texas vs OU game this weekend but I will tell you what is on my nerves...all the stupid traffic that is making it impossible for me to get to town. Grrrr
  • Carly attended a "mini cheer camp" after school this week. I am not a huge fan of cheerleading but if I try to steer her away from it I am afraid I will steer her directly to it so I just go along with it since it is only 1st grade. She will be cheering and doing a dance at half time at the high school football game tonight. She is so excited. I wish Kenneth was home so he could go too.
  • My 27 lb Anna is too tall for the 3T jeans we have for her. Anybody ever try to find jeans in a 4T for a 27 lb kid? Don't bother, you won't find them. She is all legs. Certainly she takes after her daddy because Lord knows that isn't my build!
  • That is all.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see your hair!! I have never heard of that before!

    we had a virus going around and it hit LJ first. He didn't do too bad, just some congestion and then a runny nose. Then it hit Noah and it was much worse for him with a bad cough. Then their dad got it the worst. Luckily I just had a little scratchy throat and that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, we need a new hair photo! And Jett is a long skinny one as well. Jeans are so huge around his waist in order for them to be long enough. Praise the Lord for whoever invented those stretchy bands w/ the buttons on the inside of toddler pants!

    ReplyDelete