Tuesday, October 5, 2010


Anna had another seizure last night. I called and reported it to the neurologist and now she will have to spend at least 48 hours in the EMU (Epilepsy Monitoring Unit) at Cook's. I am waiting for the scheduler to call me and set it and her MRI up. I am not excited about this but am excited about maybe being able to get her seizures under control. An update to my story yesterday is that everything has stayed in position but because I let the problem go on for so long I have damaged my bladder. It will hopefully repair itself over the next couple of weeks. So if you are pregnant and can't pee, don't wait like I did. Call your doctor and get it taken care of. Carly just got home from school and is in trouble for lying, again. I am about to pull my hair out. She is such a good kid, good student, sweet, and loving and I do not understand why she has to lie. I feel like it is something I am doing wrong, but I am doing the best parenting I know how to do and sometimes it feels like it just isn't enough. Sometimes I think I have over spoiled her to make up for the rough times with Anna. I don't know, somebody help me...


  1. That picture of Anna = picture of YOU! Precious girls (all 3 of you!)

  2. I wish I had some advice about Carly! Maybe her teacher has some advice? Hopefully it's just a stage!

    I know what you mean about spoiling one though because of the rough times. I think I did the same with both. I'm trying to be more firm with both but it's hard after such an exhausting day.

    I hope you are able to get what you need at EMU. Are you staying with Anna durign the 48 hours?

  3. I think I made some headway with Carly. We had a long heart to heart the other day after I posted this. I hope it helps. And yes, I will be staying in the EMU with her. My husband would be fully willing to stay but I am a control freak and would be afraid he would miss something or forget to tell me something... I have a few friends in the Ft Worth area who will hopefully come relieve me now and then for a few minutes. It will be miserable I am sure since she will be taken off of her Tegretol but we have to do what we have to do. It is not scheduled until November so I have a little time to get ready.