Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Better Night

I kept intending to take a nap yesterday but just never could. I was a ball of nerves and just could not relax. I did manage to get the house cleaned though and did some other things I had been putting off for quite some time (like the oil change that was due 20,000 miles ago). Kenneth got home earlier than planned from his trip so we actually got to spend some time together as a family last night which was nice. He is back at work today but I am glad we are at least in close proximity again. The secretary at the fire department was just recently diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. She is young and otherwise healthy so we are praying for a great outcome. To support her, the fire department changed their uniform shirts to pink shirts and they all shaved their heads. I can handle the pink shirt but it may take me a bit to get used to the bald head. I support what he is doing though! Last night was a much better night for us. I actually got 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep which was so nice. I did not see any seizures last night but I also slept in the living room part of the night because Kenneth was snoring. Tonight I will give the Neurontin again and see what happens. I am nervous but will do it anyway. I have to work tomorrow so I am hoping to get some sleep. I took a nap today just in case. I also finally cleaned out my half of our bedroom closet today. Kenneth has only been asking me to please do it for about 2 years now so he will be happy. I took 3 bags of stuff to Goodwill and it felt good to get it out of my house. Carly has been sweet and I think she knows I am tired and stressed. She said in the car last night on the way home from dinner that she really needed "a piece of quiet." I was working on some laundry tonight (which is usually Kenneth's job) and she told me that I really "just need to sit down and chill. Daddy can do that." Well the kids are ready to eat so I guess I should go finish dinner. Here's to a seizure free night...

No comments:

Post a Comment