Friday, October 29, 2010

Another Rough Night

Anna had 3 pretty bad seizures again last night. Luckily they were all after 3 am so at least we got a little sleep. The seizures seem to be worse each time she has one. I technically should have given the Diastat but I was too afraid. I try so hard to only be Anna's mom and never her nurse but the nurse in me kicked in. The Diastat was ordered for 10 mg which is what we give adults in the ICU where I work who are seizing. I was afraid maybe they had called in the wrong dose. At 27 lbs, I was afraid to give Anna an adult dose. I spoke with Dr Hernandez this morning by way of his nurse. He said the dose is fine for her and perhaps we are undermedicating our adults. He said to hold the Neurontin again over the weekend and try again on Monday. He thinks she is just sleeping so well finally that her brain is totally uninhibited and thus seizing worse. I trust him and so I will do what he says. Dear God, please let tonight be better... BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment