Wednesday, February 16, 2011

In My Former Life

I think I must have been really bad in my former life. Like really really bad. So yesterday didn't go as expected which sucked at the time but today I see the reasons why it worked out like it did and I am again reminded that God does all things with purpose and that purpose is not solely to make me miserable. So we went to Kenneth's pre-op appointment yesterday morning on the off chance I didn't get induced. We just let the doctor know we might have to reschedule. His appointment was at 0930 but my 24 hour urine was not complete until 1100 so we traveled in style- with a cooler in the back of Kenneth's truck filled with my urine on ice. (You have to keep it cold the whole time). So we finished his appointment and went on to the hospital where my sweet husband lugged around my 6.5 liters of urine (I can pee with the best of them). We dropped it off and went to lunch. After much waiting we got word that my protein was ok (much to everyone's disbelief) and we were sent home to wait another week. I was a bit disappointed but I know every day inside equals 2 less NICU days so I just tried to suck it up although I really felt like I could cry a river of tears. I want what is best for Gabe but I am so tired if worrying. The other reason is that my parents left this morning to go to Israel for 2 weeks and I hate for them to not be here. Anyway, we got up at 5 this morning to get ready and I went in to kiss Carly bye and she felt warm. She has had a dry cough, runny nose, and sore throat for a couple of days so I wasn't too worried. But I was a bad mom- I gave her Tylenol and Motrin and asked the babysitter to just take her to school anyway. I didn't know what else to do and in hindsight that was a really stupid decision. So Kenneth and I got to Denton and as he was getting his IV, etc, the school called and said Carly has fever. Luckily my mother in law was able to go pick her up. She has fever despite meds, sore throat, runny nose, aches, cough, headache, and stomachache. I'm thinking she may have the flu or hopefully just strep. Of course our pediatrician is off on Wednesdays- not that I could take her anyway because I'm stuck at the hospital for the time being. And yes, she did get the flu shot, actually the mist. So much for bedrest today. I will get Kenneth home later and settled and then go get Carly. Luckily Anna is staying with my mother in law tonight so I won't have her to deal with too. Flu or strep and a preemie would be a really bad combo so thank God for not giving us our baby yesterday!!! In good news (it is weird to call this good) but apparently the school decided to test Carly for dyslexia after I have been begging all year. Guess what, she's dyslexic. The good news is that now with an official diagnosis they are going to start working with her and helping her. Thank God for that. She also got glasses last Friday and looks adorable in them. I'll post a picture later when I'm not blogging from my phone. Anyway, see why I think I might have been really bad? BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment