Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cooped Up

The kids and their friends with their Nana


I've neglected this poor blog over the past week. We had the snow and ice for days and the kids were home making it impossible to do much else than try to keep them entertained. It was so nice when they went back to school yesterday. We are bracing for more snow tonight and then I think next week it is supposed to be back in the 70's. The weather here is so crazy! I do know one thing- a day of snow is fun. A week of snow is crappy at best and I do not envy anyone who lives where it snows all winter. Maybe your kids adjust to being inside but mine need much outside time and this last week made us all a bit nuts. I did have a friend comment that after being cooped up in her house for just a few days she suddenly realized how crappy bed rest really is. It was nice that someone noticed that it isn't fun. I get so many people who say they wish they could go home and stay on the couch or just lay around for weeks on end. Believe me people, it is only fun for about a day. Not much else is happening and that is fine. I had an OB appointment yesterday and it was uneventful. We go back next week unless something changes before then. I have been having a lot of contractions in my back and they will last for an hour or two and then stop. They hurt but are tolerable. My pelvis is getting more painful as the hours go by and now my tailbone feels bruised whenever I sit down. I am pretty much miserable and can no longer get comfortable no matter what I do. I am so thankful to have come so far but I am pretty much ready to be done. I think getting up and around more would make me feel better but I know what it would do to my pressures so it isn't really an option. I keep telling myself I can do this for 1-2 more weeks and then it will all be over. After a prompting from my sister who was prompted by a friend of hers via Beth Moore, I am now memorizing a bible scripture every 2 weeks. My verse for this 2 weeks is this- But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9. I think it is so fitting for my current situation...



No comments:

Post a Comment