Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Recital




Carly's recital was today and it was so awesome. I was so proud of her and all of the other girls as well. They did a fantastic job and I have to say that for only a 45 minute class once a week for about 16 weeks, they were amazing. I'd still be standing there with my finger in my nose trying to figure out what to do next. Kenneth and I continue to struggle with all of the emotional turmoil we are in right now. We decided it would probably be best for him to go away for a week and get his thoughts together and just have some time away from everything that is going on here. He may go to Colorado to stay with his friend Robert- we shall see. Marriage is such hard work. At the recital there was a dance to the song "All Things Are Possible" or maybe it is "When I Call On Jesus" but anyway it was a dance with a few of the experienced dancers dancing with a girl in a wheelchair who looks to have CP. I cried my eyes out because it was such an inspiration and such proof that you can do anything you put your mind to. I wanted to tell her mother what an inspiration her daughter was but I couldn't stop crying for long enough to talk. I do not think there was a dry eye in the place and the girl got a standing ovation. She was awesome. I hope to get the DVD of the performance soon and I will hopefully be able to post it here. Anyway, I have to get up in about 6 hours for the Rattlesnake Round-Up so I suppose I better go to bed. I'll try to post more tomorrow. Goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment