Saturday, July 24, 2010

Free Peptamen Jr 1.5

When we switched Anna to Elecare we had unfortunately just ordered Peptamen Junior 1.5. The company of course won't take it back which is totally understandable, but what am I going to do with 2 cases of tube feeding we don't need? If you need it please email me and I will be happy to give it to you if you will pay for the shipping. I have 2 unopened cases, each with 24 8 ounce cans of Peptamen Junior 1.5 with PreBio. It expires June 2011. This is quite a bargain since it retails for about $300/case. I just don't have room for it and the Elecare. Or if you would prefer you can buy me a bigger house, ya know, whatever works for you.

Speaking of Elecare, we haven't used it in over 2 weeks either. Anna is eating everything in sight! She is even asking for seconds. She ate 12 donut holes and a chocolate donut for breakfast today. It is amazing to see her eating so much. I pray this continues.

She has been seizure free for 10 days now. My mother in law had not seen in her in about 2 weeks but she kept her today so I could clean house and pack (neither of which did I get done). She was astounded by the changes in Anna. She is not only eating more but talking more also. She was also amazed at how much different her sleep is, also. Her sleep is not better as far as duration but it is better as far as quality. She doesn't toss and turn near as much. She is also not waking up thirsty all of the time. I am beginning to think maybe the seizures had been going on longer than we thought and we just didn't know it. I will never know the answer to that but it really doesn't matter. I just rejoice in the fact that she is doing so well now!

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo!!! Such great news!!! Glad to see the eating is continuing that she's had other positive changes as well. Wow - who'd have guessed we'd be thankful for the seizures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, sounds like what happened to us. We ordered 3 cases of Peptamen jr 1.5 also and were switched back to Pediasure after the g-tube was placed.

    I'm glad she's doing well! thanks for your support on the g-tube. I'm so glad we got it done. he's getting so much bigger now and it's only been a little over a month!

    ReplyDelete