Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Refreshed

I dropped Anna off at daycare this morning and taught the teachers how to use Anna's pump. They seemed comfortable with it and were able to operate it without any problems. I really feel like this is going to work. I have been feeling a lot lately like I want to move. I do not know why and I think I have just been frustrated with some things lately and when I am frustrated my first instinct a lot of times is to run. But then after I dropped Anna off today I realized I am right where God wants me and needs me to be. I am so blessed to be living in a place where I can take my special needs child to a daycare with her tube feedings running and leave her and not have any fear about how things will go. My child is somewhere that she is loved and cared for and where they truly have her best interests at heart. I am so thankful for the wonderful people in my life and while I was frustrated in my last post with a few people I have to say that for the most part I am surrounded by wonderful people who love and care for me and my family. God has blessed me far more than I deserve and sometimes it is so easy to get bogged down with the day to day that I forget to see the big picture. I saw it today and I am so grateful!

Carly and I are spending the day together today and we (and when I say "we" I mean "she") has quite an agenda. We have birthday party invitations to finish and mail, we are having lunch with my mom, and then Carly has requested that we go to the cemetery because she wants to see her Grandpa. There are many other things on her agenda but I am not sure we will get to all of them today. Kenneth's dad died about 3 weeks after we got married. He had been very sick for quite some time and I sometimes think he held on just long enough to see his son get married. Anyway, Carly has had many questions about him lately and she wants to go visit him and put a few things by his headstone. We have always talked about him to her and want her to know him the best that she can so I guess we will be visiting the cemetery today. It seems like kind of a strange request from a 5 year old but I will not stand in her way.



Thomas Richard Watson ( I think this was taken while he was in Vietnam)
He is missed by all who knew him and even some who never got the chance to know him

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good day and that Anna did so well with her feedings! I'm curious... what did Carly want to leave for her Grandpa?

    ReplyDelete