Friday, September 17, 2010

Still Here

Even as an ICU nurse, I never really realized how bad pneumonia could get in a healthy person. We always get the patients with chronic health problems and I just kind of always figured pneumonia was in the cards for them. I am here to tell you, pneumonia in healthy people sucks too! I have not ever been this sick before and hope to never be this sick again. The pulmonologist thinks I may also have a PE due to my labs and my clotting disorder but he is afraid to give the contrast to find out for sure because of the baby. I totally understand but also feel a bit scared to go home with a possible clot. He should decide tonight wether to do the CT scan, just go ahead and start lovenox, or just pray this is only pneumonia. My OB says I can go home tomorrow if the pulmonologist is ok with it. I am so ready to be back at home in my bed with my family. Kenneth has been an awesome Mr Mom but I know he is exhausted! It has been so amazing to see how I am surrounded by such wonderful people in my life- from the visits and prayers to the flowers, cookies, cards, visits, and everything else I want to thank everyone for their kindness. I'll keep you posted.

Update: The pulmonologist came by and said they decided against the CT. I might get to go home tonight. Fingers crossed... BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment