Well, Thanksgiving is coming up and I may not have another free moment until then to list the things I am thankful for so I think I'll do it now. I am thankful for:
1. Jesus Christ and the fact that he died on the cross so that I may live freely.
2. My country and those who have fought and even died so that I can live freely and worship my God in this country
3. My husband. Wow, how do I sum this one up? He has been with me through some pretty nasty stuff and there have been times it would really have been easier to just pack up and go. When those times come he is willing to reprioritize his life and get things in order again. He loves me unconditionally and makes our home a place I can come to and just be me, no matter what that means at the time. He loves me for me and loves our kids and believes that God is the head of this house. He believes I am the only woman he needs in his life to be happy and reminds me of this frequently. He tells me I am beautiful even when I look like hell and says it like he means it. He is my knight in shining armor. He is all of the things I told God I wanted in a man and he is the things I didn't even know I wanted in a man but that God knew.
4. My kids. They can make me laugh and cry all in one moment and for so many reasons. They have changed my life for the better and enriched it in ways I never knew were possible. They make me want to be a better person so that they may always have a good example to live by of what a wife, mother, sister, friend, etc. should be.
5. The rest of my family for their love and friendship.
6. My friends- each of them for different reasons.
7. My job. I love it sometimes and loathe it at other times but in this unsure economy I am so thankful to have a job.
8. The last year- although it has not been easy it has been full of lessons I would not have learned otherwise.
I could go on forever but these are the biggies...