Thursday, November 13, 2008

Anna's Freakin Ears!!!

I am feeling so much better- thank God!! I am again a normal human being and hoping to stay that way for a long time to come. I am working 5 shifts this week so I am staying busy fo sho!! Christmas is coming and the bills never stop coming so it is necessary. I've had the fortune of mostly nice patients lately so that has helped. I am excited to see what my check will look like- I've never worked this much in one pay period before. Anyway, since I have and will be gone so much this week I kept Carly home today so we could spend some quality time together. We baked cookies which is one of her favorite things to do. They actually turned out pretty good. I made myself sick eating them. She was so good all day today, I really enjoyed our time together. There are days when I swear she hates me but luckily today was one of those days when I was in her good graces. Anna is walking all over the place. She basically walks if she needs to carry something and crawls if she needs to get somewhere fast. She is cutting 2 or 3 more teeth and becoming more of a kid every day. I cannot believe she is about to be a year old. It is bittersweet. She has another freakin ear infection so we restarted the ear drops today. She is waking up every 2 or 3 hours again in pain and Kenneth and I are doing our best to let each other rest when we can. It is exhausting. I think I can count on one hand the number of times she has slept through the night since her birth. My cousin's wife had a baby in August and she is already taking 8 oz of milk at bedtime and sleeping all night. Anna takes 3-4 ounces and sleeps 2-3 hours at a time. On a happier note, I found a place to order Anna's Elecare for almost $100 cheaper per case (6 cans). This will save us at least $150-200/month which I find pretty exciting. We are supposed to have her allergy tested at one year to recheck for milk/soy allergy. If she doesn't react we are free to switch to cow's milk at that time. If she does react to milk we can use soy but if she reacts to milk and soy we will pretty much be stuck with Elecare. Dr. Ogunmola said we could switch to rice milk at some point if we can find an alternate protein source because apparently rice milk has very little protein. Well, both of the kids are in bed and asleep for this moment so I think I had better get to bed now also, 5am will come early...

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. Those dreaded ear infections. Even after Bubba Joe's tubes (at 6 months) he still gets ear infections. I love Motrin/Tylenol mixed, even if for the pain.

    Hope things clear up quickly! And here's to negatives on those allergy tests!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending good thoughts that the ears clear up, and those teeth sprout through. My kids are awful sleepers, especially when they were under age 2.

    Crossing fingers with the allergy testing!

    ReplyDelete