Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Divine Intervention


I am not really sure why but I really thought that forgiveness of something so huge in my life was a process that would really take some time to complete. I even wondered if it was a goal I would ever attain. As I had posted before I began to say a prayer of forgiveness. I typed it up, printed it out, and taped it on my bathroom mirror. It was there staring me in the face every time I looked in the mirror. So every time I looked in the mirror I would recite the prayer because if I walked away from it without reciting it I somehow felt like I was cheating myself out of another chance to work towards this forgiveness. I now realize that forgiveness is a divine thing. It is not a process. It is a change of heart that comes from being obedient to God. He told me that I had to forgive and even though at the time I didn't really feel like it I prayed about it and the peace of God changed me. So what I thought would take forever has already happened. I am finished being angry. Forgiveness does not mean that I wish that things hadn't turned out differently or that what happened was ok or that I have to like what happened but forgiveness is no longer holding that person responsible. Forgiveness is freedom and it feels so good!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you feel this way! My MIL says that 40 days of prayer can really get you anywhere. Sounds like you might have arrived early.

    ReplyDelete