Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why I Walk

It is that time of year again for The Promise Walk For Preeclampsia. Team Watson has set a personal goal to raise $500 for The Preeclampsia Foundation. If you would like to help us reach this goal so that some day there will not be another family who goes through what we have been through due to this disease then please click here to make that donation. Your donation is tax deductible. I walk for Kenneth so that no husband ever has to fear for the life of his wife and child due to this disease again. I walk for Carly and Anna so that someday when they grow up and have children they will not have to fear pregnancy. I walk for myself because I vow not to remain unchanged by this experience. I also walk for all of the other families past, present, and future who have had their lives turned upside down by this disease. Preeclampsia entered our lives, uninvited, and has forever left its mark.

We moved Anna's appointment with Dr. Goff to tomorrow so I will update on it later. I did speak at length with Dr. Ogunmola (GI) about our inability to get past 350ml per night regardless of the rate. We discussed Anna's vomiting and aspiration. We discussed the possibility of using a GJ tube instead of a G tube but in his opinion they migrate out of the jejunum too often and they require around the clock feedings which are just not feasible for us right now or probably ever. He discussed Anna's case with the surgeon and they feel the fundo is really what needs to happen. We have an appointment to talk with the surgeon on the 30th. I just don't know what the right thing is to do. I pray that it will become clear.

I have so much more to blog about but work wore me out today and I need to go to bed. Say tuned tomorrow for a Dr Goff update, my feelings on people second guessing what I say about Anna, and how it felt to travel out of the "comfort zone". I know, the suspense is killing you...

1 comment:

  1. Go get 'em girl! I'm reading your blog backwards today so.... This year's walk has pushed me out of my comfort zone. I have hit up people for money that I haven't even told about Cooper. I tend to keep him in my private bubble, but this year have vowed to share him.

    BTW - Justin Frazell's son has a gbutton. Or he calls it his beach ball blower.

    BTW#2 - Love Casting Crowns! Have you heard of Jinny Owens - If you want me to? I think you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete