Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tidbits and BBQ

I am trying to upload a sound clip but not sure if it is going to work. But in case you thought CP kids couldn't be smart... It was my mom's day to take Anna to school yesterday but I told her I would take her because I had to get her some Pull Ups. As we were about to leave the house, Kenneth called from the station and said he had left his phone at home. I told him we would bring it to him. I got it and we got in the car. Anna wanted to "hode Daddy sone" (hold Daddy's phone) on the way to the station. I handed it to her. We have lots of games loaded on both of our phones for the kids. I assumed she was in the backseat playing games. I had the radio blaring as usual and never looked back to see what exactly she was doing. When we got to CVS to get the Pull Ups I asked her to hand me the phone. When I got it from her I couldn't believe what she had done. Carly had found a place on the phone to record voice memos. I guess Anna has been studying what Carly does and Anna had gotten to that app. I was not sure what she had done with it but just stopped the recording and went about my business. When we later got to the station I gave Kenneth his phone and told him I thought Anna had made a recording for him. He later forwarded it to me. It is her saying "hello Daddy" "come home daddy" "hurry daddy"... It amazed me that at 3 years old she was able to locate that app, get it to record, and leave her daddy a message. It was Kenneth's birthday yesterday which made the message even a little more special. I really think we need to do away with the old childhood milestones. It should not be can they stack blocks but rather can they operate an i phone. If the sound clip actually uploads you just won't believe her sweet voice. There are some silent spots but just keep listening.

We ended up in the Dr's office again on Tuesday afternoon with Anna. She has yet another ear infection- the second in less than a month. Dr. Goff was unable to tell if her tubes are in place but said it is unlikely given the infections. She can have 2 more infections and then it will be back off to the ENT for more tubes. Tubes are no big deal so no stress there. I hope for Anna's sake she doesn't need them though just because that means she has to suffer with more infections. She has a nasty cough too but I think it is just the daycare crud of the month.

I must share with you the easiest most delicious recipe. I cannot do much cooking right now but this was something even I could accomplish on bedrest. It sounds nasty but oh my it is sooo good! The ingredients are simple. You need a 3.5 lb chuck roast, a large jar of Vlassic pickles, and a large jar (I prefer Head Country) barbecue sauce. That is it. You put the chuck roast in the crock pot and pour the pickles on top, juice and all. Turn the crock pot on low and let it cook for 12-15 hours. After that time, take out the pickles and drain the juice off. Pour the BBQ sauce on top and let it get warm. Voila. That is it. It will be the best BBQ you have ever eaten...and I have eaten a lot of BBQ in my days. It is so tender and the flavor is perfect.

That is about all that is going on here for now. My OB appointment is on Friday so I am ready to go to that and figure out where we stand. Things seem pretty stable for now so hopefully we have more weeks of baby growing to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment