I must admit that prior to having a kid with a peanut allergy I did not realize the seriousness of it. I know there must be other people out there that feel the same way. Today, someone ate a peanut butter cookie and then picked up Gabe without washing their hands first. These pictures were taken 4 hours after the exposure and also after doses benadryl and zyrtec. Keep in mind he did not ingest it but was merely touched by someone who had touched peanut butter.
He had these hives everywhere he had been touched. I could only keep him still long enough to get these couple of pictures. Now just imagine if he had ingested it and that happened on the inside. Take it from me folks, peanut allergies are serious business!