Thursday, December 17, 2009

Normal???


The gastric emptying results are in- completely normal. I am relieved and for the time being we will just keep everything as it is because it is working. Anna is eating some during the day and now taking 10oz tube feeds over 1.5 hrs at night. She is tolerating it fine. We have not had puke in quite a while now. I know that giving a child an adult dose of a medication (Prevacid) is not without consequence but I feel the consequences of surgery are much worse and the risks much higher. So for now, things will stay as they are. Carly is doing better also. Apparently taking a kids toys away will get their attention. So far she has gotten a toy back all days except 1. I had to go to Wal-Mart the other day. I generally am of the opinion that Wal-Mart is a parent's hell. They have everything your kid might want and they have strategically placed it where your child is sure not to miss any of it and is sure to drive you to the depths of insanity pleading for you to buy it. You either are weak and give in or stand strong and become "that mother" with the fit throwing children. Anyway, it was just Carly and I at Wal-Mart that day. We were in that 9th circle of hell for 2 hours. She did not misbehave even once. I was so proud of her. Her school Christmas party was today and we have a fire department tonight. I love this time of year. After the party tonight we will be delivering gifts to the less fortunate kids in this area. It warms my heart to be able to help them and I am quite certain the blessing I get from helping is far greater than any gift they get from us. Again I realize I am blessed beyond measure!

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful little girls you have :)

    ....and normal never sounded so good - I said that to my doctor the other day - he actually seemed surprised!

    Kuddos for helping less fortunate - those gifts I get off the tree at church are always the ones that mean the most to me :)

    ReplyDelete