Monday, July 27, 2009

Standing On His Promises

I learned a long time ago that it isn't really fair to be upset with someone and not be willing to tell them about it. If you do you are holding them responsible for something they possibly know nothing about and if you don't give them the chance to explain or perhaps even apologize then you are just as much to blame as they are. I had been holding someone responsible for things and not discussing it with them for a long time. Today, unplanned, the discussion occurred. It was not comfortable. It was not fun. It hurt like hell. But I did it and even though I didn't really get the answers I needed I think I feel better anyway. The truth is I don't think anybody but the Lord above has the answers to the questions I have. So I will keep praying and someday, somehow I will find peace with the situation. My heart will stop breaking. This might not have been the Lord's will but he will make it work for his glory. He promises me he will and I will continue to stand on that promise, he will not fail me.

1 comment: