Thursday, July 2, 2009

We Are Complete

Done. Officially done. That is the status with child bearing in this house. I am a little sad but mostly relieved. Kenneth and I had some serious talks and just decided the risk is too great for us and for our kids. It was confirmed tonight by Carly that our decision is the right one. She had asked me if you just got a baby when you wanted one or if you had to ask God for one when you pray. As I am not ready to explain sex to my 5 year old I simply told her you just ask God for one and if he feels you need one he will give you one. So her prayer at dinner tonight was not a blessing for our food but rather a plea to God to "please not give my momma any more babies no matter how many times she asks. Amen." She then again reminded me she is "never going to have a baby because I do want want to go away to the hospital for a long long time." It isn't that a 5 year old should decide everything but it is just that her words prove that the emotional toll is just too great. She turned 5 yesterday and I cannot believe it. She had a great party on Sunday with all of her best friends in attendance. She was sure she was already 5 on Sunday because according to her birthday parties only happen on your birthday- makes sense to me. Anna decided to really excel at gymnastics on Monday and jumped out of her crib and landed flat on her face on the floor. I was in the kitchen and heard an unmistakable thud and found her. She developed bruising on her nose and under her eyes and started to scare me with her crankiness as the day wore on so we ended up in the ER having a CT of her head. It was negative thank God and so we headed home. It pays to work at the hospital, we were in and out of the ER quick and that is a rarity. EI came out on Tuesday and evaluated Anna for speech. She will have speech therapy once a week for 4 weeks then every 2 weeks after that until December when we will reevaluate. I really like the speech guy, Brad. He really seemed to know his stuff and seemed genuinely excited to help Anna. He will come to our house and I can only hope Anna can cooperate. The funny thing is that this past week she has really started to talk a lot more. I am excited about that but still know speech is necessary at this point. I had a crazy day at work and do not really expect tomorrow to be any better but at least I won't be in charge tomorrow. I must go to bed now, 5am comes quick...

No comments:

Post a Comment