Friday, May 22, 2009

Getting Better

After the last post I went on to have a full crying breakdown that lasted the better part of that day. it was one of the worst days I have had in a long time. As with all good things, all bad things must also come to an end and the period of not sleeping did just that. I called Dr. Hernandez and reported our troubles and that the Clonidine had made things worse. I let them know just how bad I was really handling all of this. He called her in some Tranxene. The first night on it was better but still not where we needed to be. Luckily the first night Kenneth saw how I was doing and told me to take some Ambien and go to bed and try to sleep through whatever went on with Anna. He knows that even on my nights to sleep, I don't, because even though I don't have to get up I still here her and wake every time. I slept really well with the Ambien. The next night we tried a combination of melatonin and Tranxene and voila- she slept. She woke up once, we put her in bed with us, and she slept the rest of the night. We had tried putting her in bed with us before but it did not work. It is working now. I don't care at this point where she sleeps as long as she does sleep. She is waking up at about the same time in the morning and doesn't seem to have any after effects from the medicine. So we are doing better. EI comes out this week to redo Anna's evaluation- supposedly. I'll believe it when I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment