Sunday, July 13, 2008

Party Time




The first words out of Carly's mouth at 7AM were, "I'm the birthday girl." We were up and going quite early but her party started at 10:30 so we had a lot to get done. I was a bit nervous because only 2 of 26 kids from her school had RSVPd and so I had no idea what to expect. I had prepared for about 1/2 of them to show up. I wish more people would just take the 30 seconds it would take and RSVP. I truly didn't care if they were coming or not- I just needed to plan. Anyway, everything went off without a hitch. Only a few kids from her school showed up which turned out to be a great thing. The kids that showed up played nicely together and since there were not a lot we were able to eat inside and cool off. I was also pleased not too many showed up because anyone who has seen my house knows that Carly does not need 1 more toy and to have had 26 presents would have really been overwhelming. I probably would have donated some to a children's hospital or something. Once she had her bounce house and "club house" she didn't care who was there- her birthday was made. Carly was her usual self- happy and smiling one minute and fussing and being a brat the next. She insisted that nobody say or sing "Happy Birthday" to her so we just lit the candles and let her blow them out. I do not know what is up with that- she is kind of wired differently I guess. All of the kids had a great time and it was low stress for the adults- just like I like it. On the Anna front- I was able to get an appointment in the genetics clinic (in Denton) in early September. The chromosome testing should be back by then. The lady who scheduled the appointment was very nice and I explained to her how I didn't really care which Dr. she put us with as long as they were nice. She assured us that Dr. Drummond-Borg was the Dr. for us and apologized for the rude behavior of Dr. DB. She said i should make a complaint against Dr. DB because Cook's has an obligation to patients and families to be kind and they expect that of all staff. I will probably write a letter- a nice one explaining that although we will never see that Dr. again that I believe some other family will and they will need him to be nice. I am not usually one to make a formal complaint but I just can't let this one go. As you can see by my posting time- I need to go to bed. I was asleep and woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Between Kenneth's snoring and Carly's sleep talking it is nearly impossible to get any sleep in this place. I guess the couch will have to do for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment