Sunday, April 3, 2011

Miracle or Mono?

I should SO be going to bed but it is so quiet in my house and I hate to waste the quiet time by doing such meaningless things as sleeping. I got to take a 2 1/2 hour nap this morning courtesy of my husband so I feel extra rejuvenated today! I have to be at the OBs office for my last appointment and to get my work release at 6:45 in the morning so staying up is probably not one of the smartest things I've done lately. After I get my release from the doctor I have to go get a release from the employee health nurse. Yes, you read right- the nurse comes after the doctor. Whatever. I'm a nurse but that is just plain stupid. The doctor says I can work but now I need a nurse's approval? I can't believe I already go back to work on Thursday. I can't believe I have been off for 6 months. I can't believe Gabe is almost 6 weeks old. Hell, I can't believe I have 3 kids. But I love my life and I love having 3 kids and now that I am getting used to it, I can't believe I ever thought 2 was enough. It has been a crazy week and I really think I need to be the star of a reality show because people just couldn't possibly write a script that would include all of the crazy crap that goes on around here...not the least of which was having my house and property surrounded by the local and state police for 12 hours the other night because some fugitive was loose in the woods on our property. Good thing my husband has just enough redneck in him- he sat out with the police on our 4 wheeler with his pistol- just in case. It was not scary but rather pretty funny. The news said that the police had him in a "contained area." I never imagined my acreage to be said contained area. As if that wasn't enough excitement for that night, Carly had to break out in some horrid rash which appears to be related to the fact that she likely has mono. The blood results aren't back yet but all signs point to mono. The pediatrician's office says that as long as she is afebrile and not sharing saliva that she can go to school. Umm, hate to upset their rules but don't you think that very line of thinking might just be how my kid caught it? Anna has slept through the night for the last 7 nights. FINALLY. Amazing is all I can really say about that. At first I considered it nothing short of miraculous. Now I am wondering if she has mono too and that is the cause of this miracle. Who cares, she slept right? Gabe had a photo shoot today with Pumpkin Pie Photography. We were so blessed to get this opportunity. Amanda, the amazing photographer, was having a mentoring session for another photographer and used Gabe as one of her babies. You should really check her work out. As if the session wasn't enough, I got to relax in her gorgeous home for 3 hours while she took care of Gabe. Heaven I tell you, heaven! I could go on forever but I really must try to get a little sleep before little man thinks it is time to eat again. Goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment