Saturday, February 7, 2009

Her Mission

I was really trying to sleep in this morning, really. Anna is still getting up 2-3 times a night and I am so exhausted. (No need to tell me to let her cry it out. She gets up to eat and is truly hungry. I have tried everything I know to up her calorie consumption during the day but to no avail. Her freaking metabolism is out of this world.) Last night was my night to sleep and for Kenneth to get up and I wanted to take the full benefit. It was 8 a.m. and I was still sleeping with the sounds of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the background. Carly was in our bed watching tv while the grown ups tried to get a little more shut eye. Anna was *gasp* still asleep. All of the sudden I was awakened by the sound of my husband' s snoring. UGH!!!! Does anybody in this house think the mama should get to sleep? So I gave Carly a very important job (not meaning to promote violence but uuggghh). I told her to slap her daddy on the head each time he started to snore so that mommy could get a little more sleep. She chuckled and happily agreed to accept her mission. A few different times I hear a snore, then a slap, then a giggle. I continued to try to sleep. Then I hear Carly's sweet voice in my ear, "Mommy, I know I am supposed to slap daddy if he snores, but mommy, what do I do if he toots?" At that point I just had to get up, that girl cracks me up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment