Saturday, August 2, 2008

Party Girl

Not much has happened here since the last post. I welcome the boring times, I seldom have those in my life. I have been working quite a bit and Kenneth is still off with his injury. His next appointment is on the 12th and hopefully he will be back on shift on the 15th. He is going crazy being off for so long and is in turn making me crazy. He paces around the house a lot- as if there isn't already enough constant motion in this place. I feel sorry for him though, he feels fine but just can't do anything. Oh well, this to shall pass. We leave soon for a week in Florida and I can't wait. Carly has already packed her bags. Keep in mind we are going for about a week and she packed one backpack with 1 pair of pants, 1 shirt, 1 jacket, and her ballet clothes. She is funny- I told her I would help her pack tomorrow but she sincerely believes she has packed enough for the trip. I guess she forgot we are going to the beach and she might need a bathing suit and a few other things. I applaud her efforts to try and do things herself though. She has finally conquered her fear of the swimming pool. She has been so afraid of drowning all summer that she has not been able to enjoy swimming. We put Anna in the pool and Carly then decided she did not want to be shown up by an 8 month old so she quickly got in. Then we had to drag her out because it was so much fun for her. Anna is doing well also. She is starting to crawl. She looks drunk but we are happy that she is trying, regardless of how she looks. She is so proud of herself and mostly crawls to get to the cat. Yes, I gave in. I let one cat back in the house. I just keep telling myself it is good therapy for Anna because I had sworn I would never have another cat in the house. Never say never- you'll eat your words and they taste like crap!! Anna's video EEG, MRI, and nutrition consult will be on August 14-15th. we have to stay overnight at Cook's. Anna & I will likely go crazy from being cooped up together for 24 hours in one room. It must be done though so we will survive it. Anna has decided it is fun to get up and play all night and not allow anyone to sleep. This coupled with her 2 15 minute naps a day = complete exhaustion for Kenneth and I. I must go to bed before the party starts again, I wouldn't want to sleep through it...