Friday, March 7, 2014

I Don't Care

This is the second spelling test Anna has taken this year. It looks very similar to the first one. The only discernible letters on it are the "A" and "N" at the top. The first test broke my heart. The other kids were all writing letters and words and are spelling and reading. But guess what happened this time?  I don't care. You want to know why I don't care?  Because in the beginning this is how Anna's hands were:

This was her at 7 months. Her hands stayed in tight fists with thumbs in and she wore splints in hopes that someday she would relax her hands and pull her thumbs out. Guess what, she did.  Now she can hold a pencil.  Why else don't I care?  Because at the beginning of this year she could not write her name and she did not know any letters. She did not follow along with the class. But now?  She did and she does. She followed along and tried to write the words. And in my book that is huge.  If it's not huge to you well guess what- I don't care about that either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment