Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Message To The Great Wolf Lodge

I have a special needs child who is 49" tall and weighs 38 lbs. She is 5 years old.   She wanted to ride on the slides that are at Whooping Hollow.  In the name of "safety" your staff would not allow her to go down the slides because she is too tall although adults much taller than her are allowed to go down the slides because it is "safer" for their children to go down with an adult.  If this rule exists for safety as your staff claims then you should really examine the rule because putting a child who does not weigh enough and cannot follow directions well enough to go on the other slides is not the safer option.  As a "family" waterpark and one who raves about their compliance with ADA standards I would think you would make some attempt at inclusion of children who would like to enjoy a waterside just like other typically developing children do.  We are scheduled to stay again at the end of July but I'm not so sure now.  The indoor waterpark was a nice thing because getting too hot increases my daughter's seizures, but I was sorely disappointed that we were inside yet she wasn't allowed to ride the 2 slides that she was capable of.  We were offered a free Magic Quest Wand or a free dinner as a way to make her trip "special" and to I suppose appease an upset mother.  I refused both.  I don't want free things.  I want my daughter to be able to enjoy the park she had looked forward to for a very long time.  Shame on you for your treatment of patrons with special needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment