Sunday, June 19, 2011

What Anna Thinks Of Father's Day

It was a scream I hope to never hear again. It was about 3 am and the scream was piercing. I heard it and woke up and ran to check on Anna. She was sitting in the floor dazed and crying. I scooped her up and her only complaint was that her head hurt. She would not let me lay her back down so we slept for awhile in the recliner and then finally we moved back to my bed. She slept for a few hours and then woke up moaning. She wouldn't let me touch her arm and would point to her shoulder when I asked her where it hurt. She wouldn't move her left arm. I figured the arm was broken so I called Kenneth to see if he could come home and watch Gabe (because of course he was on duty- it is an unwritten thing that accidents will only happen when the spouse is on duty) while I took her to the ER. Carly had spent the night with a friend so she wasn't here. So off Anna and I went to the ER where they xrayed it and said she has a broken clavicle. They put her in a harness, wrote for some pain meds, and we were on our way. Happy Father's Day Honey- it's another medical bill to add to the pile.


We have been spending a lot of time at my friend Becky's pool lately (another plus to being in Denton). Carly is getting so brave and says she is ready to take up surfing. Gabe, on the other hand, would rather just lounge by the pool.


I may be biased but I think I have three of the most beautiful children on Earth!!

1 comment:

  1. Yea for summer fun...but BOO for broken bones! And yes, your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete