Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Camping We Will Go (Well, Sort Of)






Carly got a tent for her birthday last summer and has been wanting to go camping since. Shortly after her birthday was when I found out I was pregnant and was not really up for camping in a tent. I felt bad about it but I just couldn't do it. So then we had Gabe and now camping out somehwere in a tent still isn't really feasible right now. It isn't fair to Carly though to not get to camp so we decided we would make it happen for her. So we set up camp...in the yard. We have 5 acres and so there is plenty of room to pretend. We set up the tent, set up a little pool, and invited the neighbors over. The kids played in the pool for hours. Then we grilled burgers. When it got dark we started a little campfire and made s'mores. After that the boys went home and myself and the girls were going to spend the night in the tent. It was so hot and humid but I had made a promise and I was going to stick to it. Lucky for me, the girls got scared and we came in about midnight. My bed had not ever felt so good! It actually was a really fun day and I'm glad we were finally able to make "camping" happen. It was also so nice to be at the house because Gabe was ok outside for a little bit but then he was ready to go inside and sleep. We were able to just take the baby moinitor outside. I won't lie, indoor plumbing was nice too!

I called the neurologist yesterday about Anna. I was hoping for a check of her Tegretol level or something simple like that. Instead, he wants another EEG. Luckily it will only be a 1 hour one but still, getting her hooked up is the bad part. I was really mad for a little bit- not at the doctor but at the seizures themselves. Then I had to remember all of the good things the seizures brought us like eating and loosing the G button and so I got over my madness pretty quickly. I guess I have a love hate relationship with the seizures. I guess it will always be that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment